Spicy Chicken is composed of Chicken leg pieces along with small pieces of chicken breast cooked with the spices.
Spicy chicken is mainly prepared as a side dish but if you want you can prepare it as a curry (“Main course”) then just add water while cooking.
|Kalwanji (Nigella Sativa)||1 Teaspoon|
|Saunf (Fennel Seeds)||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger Garlic paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Red chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Crushed coriander Seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Crushed black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Black Salt||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Fresh mint leaves(Pudina)||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh coriander leaves||2 Tablespoon|
Cooking and Serving Time
|Preparation Time||10 minutes|
|Cooking Time||25 minutes|
- Heat a pan and add 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Once the oil is heated add curry leaves, Kalonji (Nigella Seeds), Saunf.
- Once you hear the crackling sound of curry leaves, Kalonji and Saunf then add sliced onions in it.
- Saute onions till it becomes soft. (Do not overcook the onions.)
- Once the onions become soft then add the chicken in it.
- Cook the chicken till it changes the color from pink to white.
- At this stage add ginger garlic paste in it and mix it well.
- Cook till the raw smell of garlic goes away.
- Now add tomatoes than red chili powder, cumin powder, salt and mix it well.
- Cover the lid and cook it for 10 min(Meanwhile keep steering it, so that chicken does not get stick to the bottom).
- Once the tomatoes are completely smashed add green chilies, crushed coriander seeds and then crushed black pepper.
- Also, add black salt at this stage.
- Again cover and cook for another 10 min.
- After 10 min opens the lid and checks if the chicken is properly cooked or not. If not then again cover the lid and cook it for another 5-10 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked add mint leaves, fresh coriander and mix well.
- Switch off the gas flame and serve the chicken hot.
Spicy chicken can be served with –
- Steamed Rice
- Tandoori Roti
Connect with Sizzling Affair
Licensed via Facebook Creator Studio sound collections